Friday, April 18, 2008

German Two'fer




Two dogs in one bun. That's how they do it at the German Hot Dog Co. in the skyway level of the TCF building in downtown Minneapolis. I didn't believe the man behind the counter until he pointed to a large picture of the subject in question on the wall. "See. Two dogs. One bun." he said. I looked up at the picture and I'll be goddamned if there wasn't two german style dogs nestled tightly in the bosom of that German potato bun--right there in front of me. So I ordered one. But got two! The only available toppings are onions, brown mustard, sauerkraut and parsley. Fine by me. Like most German engineered products, they were well built if not a little expensive. This was an extra special dog hunt because bearded buddy Gabe Gathman was right there with me, every step of the way.

3 comments:

JustinMartinez said...

this is unbelievable, I very jealous I can't have this for lunch.

Casey Brewer said...

Tell Gabe about the Buddies BBQ tomorrow

Jake Lancaster said...

I'll tell Gabe. I think this blog is already becoming an inside joke amongst the usual suspects.