Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Couple of Standards




What more do I need to say about a Cleveland and a Tasmanian Devil from the West Bank of Minneapolis' own Wienery? The Tasmanian Devil is a beef frank topped with their very own habanero chili. They can also add some heat if you request it--the man behind the counter asked me if I wanted it edible though and I said, "Well, yes, I'm hungry." The Cleveland must apparently have some roots in Ohio although I don't know how they lay claim to beef franks with coleslaw on top. That's like calling masturbation Jerusalem because it started there. Coleslaw on a hot dog would seem to me a happy accident any low down man with a knack for inventiveness would stumble upon--like peanut butter on waffles--it's instinctual. But the Cleveland it is, and it's pretty fucking good.

1 comment:

Geoff Peveto said...

Sumbitch I loves a slaw dog. And Habanero Chili sounds awesome.