Monday, December 1, 2008

Everyone Loves Pie

So I was working late at the studio, cleaning shit, getting ready for a weekend open house studio tour thing. It got to be eating time so we ordered up some delivery. It just so happened that East Side Pies had a combo that joined two of the top three favorite foods in our grand country, Pizza and Sausage! We ordered the "Old 97" a Jalapeno, Green Chili, Bacon and Little Smokies pie. I gotta tell you it was one of the tastiest things I've had. I'm not sure why more pizza joints haven't figgered out the wondrous merits of the Little Smokie.

Behold my shitty iPhone pic:



Sausage on Amigos!

3 comments:

R. Falch said...

The art director that I work with graduated from UT's portfolio program and wanted me to write, that the picture you've posted makes him miss his internship down the street from that pizza joint and Austin in general.

I'd try a slice.

Jake Lancaster said...

so rad. There is a place by me called Fast Eddies and the pizza of the month is the chili dog pizza with sliced franks, cheddar cheese, onions and a CAN of Hormel chili. Boom!

Geoff Peveto said...

That sounds awesome. I invested recently in a pizza joint down here and got to screw around in the kitchen. I made a Frito Chili Pie *Pie* it was mighty fine. Saucy, cheesy, meaty and then a nice Frito crunch.