Monday, December 8, 2008

Getting Criffy



If you're out wandering around the East Village on the island of Manhattan and look up to see a hanging sign of a dark red weiner with the phrase "eat me" emblazoned in yellow type across its flesh, you've made it to the one and only Crif Dog's.



Step inside and you're once again reminded of the dog-centric Crif culture with this objet de arte.



Above you will find the "Tsunami." It's a house dog, bacon wrapped, with teriyaki, pineapple and green onions. It is deliciously sweet and salty, much like a Hawaiian pizza.



As far as chili dogs go, this was like the Bret Saberghagen of chili dogs; perfectly suitable and decent in the clutch, but definitely not a superstar.

I'd been here before and this trip was just as delightful. And I was pretty drunk so these really hit the spot.

Get Criffy!

2 comments:

R. Falch said...

Chili dogs aren't my favorite kind of dogs, but describing it as the "Bret Saberghagen of chili dogs" really does it for me.

The Dude said...

I agree 100%, the connection made to Bret Saberhagen is a "home run." Without question, a perfect way to describe both the pitcher and the dog...