Sunday, December 21, 2008

Original Tommy's and a Simpson's Dog

Hey Buddies. I'm out in not so warm LA for the holidays so I thought I'd post up a couple joints I've made it to so far. First on the way from the airport we stopped at The Original Tommy's where everything comes with chili.





Now it's a rare occasion when I wouldn't want everything covered with chili but this hain't the best chili you've ever had. As you can see there was a lot of pretty bland goop on the dag and fries. The buns were ok not super soft like they should be but not totally dried out. Thankfully they did the dag right. It had the right snap that kept this from being a complete dog fail.

This next stop was at Universal Studios. Right outside the Simpson's ride, which I must say is one of the most awesome things I've ever been on. Theme parks aren't my gig but we were taking my 8 year old niece so it was pretty fun. Here's a tip. If there is a retarded long line for the backlot tour hop over into the Spanish speaking line. We only waited 5 min instead of 45 and even though we hardly understood any of the tour guide they had some rad music. And since I was sitting on the back car the Norman Bates dude almost stabbed me. I actually had to duck.





Look just like if you were getting cartoon dogs on the show!





Perfectly acceptable plain dog. Longer than the bun with nothing to dress it up but mustard and sweet relish. And while I love a cold beer I kinda felt like a dirt bag walking around all those kids slugging back hooch.

I'm off to Roscoe's for chicken and waffles but I'll hit a few more dog stands in the next couple days.

2 comments:

Casey Brewer said...

That Tommy's dog looks like a real shit sandwich.

Geoff Peveto said...

B-I-N-G-O my friend.