Monday, December 22, 2008

Two In The Pink's



Made it to the Famous Pink's today. When it's 50 degrees out and wet people don't really get out and stand in line in L.A. Which was fine by me. This is a pretty decent joint but it's no Hot Doug's, so I'm glad I didn't have a Hot Doug's line which I was fully prepared for from all the stories.

That said fellas, Pink's does have some intriguing shit on the menu. Like the Martha Stewart Dog, a 10" Stretch Dog, relish, onions, bacon chopped tomatoes, sauerkraut & sour cream or the THE OZZY SPICY DOG, a Spicy Polish Dog, Nacho cheese, American cheese, grilled onions, guacamole & chopped tomatoes and so on. But today for my two I went for the BACON CHILI CHEESE DOG topped w/3 strips of bacon, tomatoes & cheese and the PASTRAMI REUBEN DOG - Pastrami, mustard, Swiss cheese & sauerkraut. One of the most amazing things was how the bacon grease met the chili grease and dripped right off the corner of the cheese slice. The little puddle was like those art/light show things hippies used to do with coloured water, oil and an overhead projector. I don't think I've ever seen grease suspended in more grease.

Behold:





I figger the test of most places is the standard chili cheese and if I was to throw bacon on top of that how could I go wrong? And truth be told it was pretty dang good. The Pastrami dog I was hoping would be an actual sausage made of pastrami but it was just their regular dog covered with flat grilled pastrami, a slice of swiss and some kraut. Tasty enough.

My squeeze got the 10 inch stretch and her sister picked up a plain chili. All in all a nice sampling despite most my buddies who had been there telling me "Pink's is Wack."

1 comment:

Casey Brewer said...

That Pink's tray is currently my screen saver.