Friday, January 2, 2009

Roscoe's and Sausages

I just downloaded a different camera and it had this pic from Roscoe's in LA I forgot I took. Them's some sweet yard bird and waffles they whip up there.




The other pics are the following fine eats. On the menu was a straight stretch chili dog. I made the chili sauce with some browned onions/garlic and good old greasy ground beef. Some chili powder, cumin, tomato paste and a little low rent ketchup for a bit of sweetness.

I attempted a Samosa Sausage but I still need to work on that. Curried potatoes and peas need something to make them act like a sausage. Dressed it with mango lime chutney, spicy peanut sauce and some Paneer cheese. The flavors were there but it was a mess. Besides the delicious chili dog the Muffuletta Sausage came out real nice. The grind was Hot Capicola, Genoa Salami, and Mortadella. I added some ham too. Before casing I diced up some Mozzarella and tossed it into the mix. Dressed with Dijon, Provolone and an olive tapenade made from green and black olives, Giardiniera, pimentos and some spices and shit.

Look at that sweet deli action



Dogs of the chili, NOLA and Indian varieties

4 comments:

R. Falch said...

what percentage of your intake comes in link form, would you say?

Casey Brewer said...

That Muffuletta dog sounds like a real barn stormer.

Geoff Peveto said...

i bet i have at least two meals a week involving hot dogs or sausages. I had one last night on the way to the bar as a matter of fact. It wasn't that great.

R. Falch said...

the muffuletta does sound nice.