Monday, August 24, 2009

Frank

Dear buddies as I have been saying I had a post to get on here that you would be interested in. That poster below from the Aesthetic Apparatus fellows was printed by my li'l design company down here in Austin. Why you might ask? Well it's not just AA. I have been talking to all my poster maker pals and asking them to make me hot dog prints. Now Jake has been to my pad so he may be thinking "Hot dog prints? You don't have any more wall space dumbass."

He'd be correct but this new venture buddy Northcutt and I got into does. It's called Frank and our sweet old ladies and us are serving hot dogs and sausage to the meat loving masses down in ATX.



We got our shit together and got opened in July. While everyone here on Buddies and Hot Dogs loves dogs as much as their own mammy, due to the lack of a good dog place in Austin we kinda wondered if anyone down thisaway did. Well they do and we've been busier than a three legged cat trying to cover a turd on a marble floor. So busy we only have the restaurant and bar open so far. In the next couple weeks we'll have a full blown fancy ass coffee house and boutique grocery/deli which will be selling the prints.

See these exterior walls prove all that:





Here's a couple things we've painted on the inside with the grocery sign just going in yesterday.



There's a lot more to see but I'll bore you with some of that later. Here's some of the stuff we've been serving up:
Chili Dogs

Chicago

Slaw Dog

Aligator boudin fritters with hearts of palm salad and remoulade

Beef tenderloin sausage with portobellos, bacon crumbles and demi-glace.

Lamb sausage with grilled Haloumi cheese, harissa aioli and roasted red peppers

Our custom made Jackalope - Antelope rabbit sausage, sriracha aioli, huckleberry compote and applewood smoked cheddar

And last but not least our other permanent menu sausage the Texalina - beef and pork with South Carolina mustard BBQ sauce, grilled cole slaw and white cheddar cheese. This one is served in our Flapjacket. A corndog batter jacket.


Here's a couple of the drinks:

Bloody Mary made with bacon infused vodka


And the Italian Honey. A drink made with vodka, midori and garnished with prosciutto


Anyway duders. This is what I've been up to the last few months. Finally got the doors open and with just a little more work it will be in full swing. You can see our temporary site here which has some of our menus:

Hot Dogs Cold Beer

No shit I got that URL. The clowns of the world were sleeping on that one. New full site coming in the next week or so with shirts and other crap we've been designing and working on.

Come pay a visit.

9 comments:

Casey Brewer said...

I'm having a moment here buddies. I'm getting real emotional.

This is a beautiful fucking operation you've got Geoff. Well done.

I'll be spreading the word, and Jake and I were talking about a winter visit. Get your beers on ice.

Geoff Peveto said...

Bring it. I has a swnk pad for you to crash at. Even have beds to sleep in vs. couches. Real high class.

We can have a wizard party.

I think you fellas will dig the joint.

Casey Brewer said...

I'm trying to convince Jake to do a Austin/Cozumel trip this winter.

Hot dogs. Tacos. Buddies.

Casey Brewer said...

Geoff, are you dudes in Seattle for Bumbershoot? I saw Decoder Ring on the schedule. Let me know. I live right next to the Seattle Center.

Geoff Peveto said...

Yo Brewer,

I couldn't make it. Had to go to oklahoma for my grannie's 100th birthday. Just got back to Austin and I have a new dog entry thanks to my trip.

Where's Lancaster and the rest of the dorks?

Jake Lancaster said...

Hey brodinis,

The place looks pretty tight. It's calling me. I can just hear it over this new Big Business album. When's a good time to head down? I'm thinking December or January. I needs to eat there pronto. Well, I'm staying with my folks for a while and they're calling me for supper (I'm 30).

Adios,

Jake, USA!

JodyKoutz said...

Love your hot dog site! Be sure to check out our hot dog site as well on blogger - dogsontheroad.

Jamie Ward said...

Meanwhile, in October, the dogs just keep getting better.
You dudes need to get down here and get wrecked on meat and booze. There's a high probability of some involvement of good live heavy metal as well.
shit just got real.

Casey Brewer said...

Real Talk!