Monday, December 28, 2009

Double Down at the Triple Bill

I found these pics when I fucked up my iPhone and had to back it up before I swapped it for a new one. Kinda forgot about this culinary adventure courtesy of the Round Rock Express Concessions. Now don't get excited baseball dorks. I wasn't at the Dell Diamond for a game. No I was there for a different triple header. One that started with Willie Nelson, rolled into John Cougar and ended with me walking out on Bob Dylan.

Apologies to Dylan fans but if you open your set with a classic and halfway through it's finally discernable as Rainy Day Women #12 and 35 the day has come to stop wastin folk's time and money. That mumbly old coot needs to let us enjoy the records and put the kibosh on his blind faith followers promising "this tour is way better." It's not and it never will be again.

But I digress. This wasn't meant to be a musical review. No friend, this is an entry about the two dogs I ate while enjoying Willie and John. Now I won't say I enjoyed the dogs as much as the tunes of Willie and Johnny because they weren't what I'd call stellar but they weren't as bad as the lame ass beer served up in Round Rock.

First up something surely advertised with some clever "Texas sized" name, which I forget, meant to lure you into the false sense of "value"

Ladies and gents the fairly large corn dog and overpriced weak brews:



Not to be out done they offer up another "big as Texas" type thing with not one but two x-tra long dogs. No idea why chili and cheese wasn't an option but I doctored it up with jalapenos and relish to help ol' plain Jane.



There ya have it dog lovers. Keep on keepin' on.

7 comments:

Casey Brewer said...

I stopped reading when you said John Cougar...

Geoff Peveto said...

Not the most glorious of posts but I felt I should keep the spirt alive since our man Jake has decided to take a nap.

Wake up Lancaster the dogs won't write their own stories.

Casey Brewer said...

The post was great. I just hate the Cougar...

Jake Lancaster said...

Hey buddies, I'm back!

Jake Lancaster said...

Do you guys use Texas-sized as a descriptor whilst in Texas? What about Texas toast?

Jake Lancaster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geoff Peveto said...

That's a good question Mr. L. Might it just be "toast"
I think I'll write my senator.